SELF PACED QUALIFICATION – £392 inc VAT
Certificate in Training Design & Delivery
Take this downloadable self-paced qualification and start a journey that opens up a world of exciting opportunities.
We sometimes forget that training is an art and not a science, in other words there is no formula that if followed makes learning guaranteed.
Over the years there have been numerous theories about how people learn and each one adds a little more to our understanding of what helps and what hinders learning. These discoveries are reflected in the new ideas, technologies and methods of training. However, when it comes to designing training there is no right way of doing it.
Similarly when it comes to delivery there are some questions that need our attention: “Do I need to ‘teach’ the learners or should they learn by doing for themselves?”; “What are the various methods I can use, and which would be the most suitable?”; “How can I manage potentially disruptive elements in a training group?”
These and many other questions are answered with this qualification.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- examine ways of designing learning;
- provide guidance on devising learning plans;
- identify and select options for meeting learning requirements;
- specify the resources and systems needed to support learning;
- develop and agree learning plans with your stakeholders;
- demonstrate skills, methods and procedures;
- Select, prepare and adapt group learning exercises, role plays and case studies;
- Present information to learners;
- Co-ordinate group learning to achieve learning objectives;
- Select and adapt learning materials.
CONTENT – SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED ARE:
- An overview of learning design;
- What are we trying to achieve?;
- Where are we starting from?;
- Researching and Analysing behaviour;
- Types of learning outcomes;
- Drawing up a specification;
- Preparing learners for training;
- Principles of learning design;
- Trainer-centred methods of delivery;
- Learner-centred methods of delivery;
- The importance of feedback;
- Principles of group formation;
- Group discussion behaviours;
- Recognising and using different forms of learning materials;
- Selecting and evaluating materials;
- Supporting the learner;
- Assessment and feedback.
Schedule a Strategy Review with one of our experts