Certificate in Training & Development
This qualification provides trainers with a broader range of knowledge and skills in order to operate as a rounded professional in the workplace. There will be further opportunities for skill development, as well as the acquisition of key models and frameworks of relevance to the professional trainer who is gaining influence in his or her organisation. The Certificate will enable those employed in training, assessment or vocational education to gain entry into the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning as a full Member.
- Identify learning needs at individual, occupational and organisational levels;
- Design training and development sessions;
- Prepare and develop resources to support learning;
- Create a climate conducive to learning;
- Facilitate learning in groups;
- Evaluate training and development sessions;
- Evaluate and develop own practice;
- Monitor and maintain equal opportunities within the training function
This is a highly participative programme in which all learners will have the opportunity to practise key trainer skills. In addition, there will be tutor input on key concepts and group discussion around issues which all trainers face, this will be supplemented by substantial Self-Learning material. Learning will be consolidated by the completion of a substantial work-based assignment which will require additional work in the learner’s own time.
How People Learn: The Learning process • Experimental learning • Learning Styles
Delivery Skills: Selecting appropriate visual aids and preparing materials • Delivery of a training presentation • Maintaining audience interest and involvement
Designing Learning Events: What design is Scheduling • Choosing methods Being learner- centred Facilitating group formation • Lesson plans
Evaluation of Learning: Options for evaluation • Key models of evaluation
Preparing Materials: Case studies • Devising games and exercises • Role plays • Hand outs
Training Needs Assessment: Maintenance and Development • Organisational needs • Group needs Individual needs
Training Policies, Equal Opportunities: The purpose of policies • Ensuring equal opportunities in training
The programme director must be able to verify that:
- You have maintained a Reflective Learning Journal.
- You have demonstrated training skills during the programme, these will include giving feedback and facilitating learning by demonstration and one to one instruction.
- You have completed a written assignment relating to the programme, the precise nature of the assignment will be your decision however guidance will be given by your trainer.
- You may alternatively have a guided conversation about an agreed
topic which will be assessed by your trainer.
Your fee of £1495 includes:
• Comprehensive course notes • Personal Learning Journal • Supplementary learning resources • Lunch, tea and coffee on all workshop days; • Marking & moderation • First year Membership of the Institute
On successful completion of the qualification you will be awarded the ITOL Certificate in Training & Development. The qualification is accredited by ITOL and is equivalent to QCF Level 4 & EQF Level 4.