The Diploma in L&D Management provides a professional qualification for experienced trainers who have, or are seeking, a position within the training profession which involves the formulation of learning interventions across all levels of the organisation, implementation of policy at a strategic level, some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
It is for experienced learning and development professionals who have elected to pursue a career as a Learning & Development specialist, and want their own experience and knowledge underpinned with a formal, recognised qualification in this subject.
The programme seeks to provide an in depth understanding of key concepts relating to the role of training and development within organisations and also to develop the skills which contribute to the success of the role.
The programme will provide credibility and confidence to organisations in the potential of L&D specialists and the value they can add. It will further develop specialist skills for the leaner so as to increase their confidence and impact when working at the senior and executive levels within organisations.
THE PROCESS AND PRACTICE OF L&D:
The learning function; Learning theories and style review; Management of learning design; Management of training delivery; Full range of learning opportunity considerations.
L&D IN THE ORGANISATION:
The Organisation and Its Business; How organisations function and develop; Key concepts in organisation theory; Organisation Development; The future shape of organisations ; People in Organisations; Motivation theories; Group dynamics; Individual differences.
MANAGING L&D OPERATIONS:
Planning; Basics of budgeting; Gaining management commitment to plans; Organisational Training Needs; Assessment, Maintenance and Development; Evaluation of learning ; Options for evaluation; Key models of evaluation; Relating training to business performance; Finance/ cost management; Resource optimisation and management.
MANAGING THE L&D FUNCTION:
Formulating policies; Creating training plans; Managing Performance review systems; Ensuring values in diversity; Developing Teams; Team role models; Facilitating team development; Outdoor learning; Leading a Team; Leadership styles; Theories of leadership; Analysis of Leadership models & styles; Dealing with performance problems; Dealing with conflict.
Who Should Attend?
The individuals who would gain most from this qualification are:
- Senior specialists in training, learning and development roles who are seeking to move into management
- Senior practitioners with additional responsibilities and accountabilities for learning and development operational components
- Senior practitioners with some management responsibility for other trainers
- Practitioners who are moving into the support and training of senior organisation personnel
- Those in a consultancy or a business partner role and need a full awareness of the potential contribution an impact of learning and development
- First line team leaders in Learning & Development
- Individuals with responsibility for training in SME’s
- Experienced learning and development consultants seeking to better understand the challenges facing training and development in their client organisations
The programme is built on the foundation of a four day face-to-face workshop supported by 2 blocks of Personal Development and some self-learning modules, in addition time will be required to conduct a work related assignment and to produce a report by way of a presentation. Time will also be required to participate in a Virtual Learning Group.
Throughout the Programme each participant will carry out a Work Related Assignment and keep a Project Diary. This will be assessed at an Assignment Presentation during the final workshop. A Knowledge Test will also be set. Participants will also be required to keep a Reflective Learning Journal of their involvement with a Virtual Learning Group.
The fee includes:
- Student registration & certification
- Comprehensive workshop material
- Personal Learning Journal
- Access to on-line learning Knowledge Bank
- Supplementary learning resources
- Lunch, tea and coffee on all workshop days
- Marking and moderation
The fee for this qualification also includes first year membership of the Institute
On successful completion of the qualification you will be awarded the ITOL Diploma in L&D Management. The qualification is accredited by ITOL and is equivalent to QCF Level 6 and EQF Level 6.