Certificate in Training & Development – CTD
Fast Track 3 day workshop
£1995 & vat
The Certificate in Training & Development (CTD) qualification provides trainers with a broader range of knowledge and skills in order to operate as a rounded professional in the workplace. There will be further opportunities for skill development, as well as the acquisition of key models and frameworks of relevance to the professional trainer who is gaining influence in his or her organisation. The Certificate will enable those employed in training, assessment or vocational education to gain entry into the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning as a full Member.
On successful completion you should be able to;
- Identify learning needs at individual, occupational and organisational levels Design training and development sessions
- Prepare and develop resources to support learning
- Create a climate conducive to learning
- Facilitate learning in groups
- Evaluate training and development sessions
- Evaluate and develop own practice
- Cost training activities
- Monitor and maintain equal opportunities within the training function
This is a highly participative programme in which all learners will have the opportunity to practice key trainer skills. In addition, there will be tutor input on key concepts and group discussion around issues which all trainers face, this will be supplemented by substantial Self-Learning material. Learning will be consolidated by the completion of a substantial work-based assignment which will require additional work in the learner’s own time.
How People Learn: The Learning process • Experimental learning • Learning Styles
Delivery Skills: Selecting appropriate visual aids and preparing materials • Delivery of a training presentation • Maintaining audience interest and involvement
Designing Learning Events: What design is Scheduling • Choosing methods Being learner- centred Facilitating group formation • Lesson plans
Evaluation of Learning: Options for evaluation • Key models of evaluation
Preparing Materials: Case studies • Devising games and exercises • Role plays • Hand outs
Training Needs Assessment: Maintenance and Development • Ensuring equal opportunities in training course programme.
The precise nature of the assignment and the criteria for its assessment are to be determined by the group with appropriate guidance by the tutorial team. Initial assessment and feedback will be undertaken by the group, led by the course tutors, with final marking by the Programme Director.
Criteria for the Award: The programme director must be able to verify that:
- The candidate has completed the programme.
- The candidate has maintained an appropriate form of workbook or learning log.
- The candidate has demonstrated training skills during the programme that have been assessed as satisfactory by the lead tutor. These skills to include the facilitation of learning in groups, giving feedback, identifying individual learning needs and facilitating learning by demonstration and one to one instruction.
- The candidate has completed a written assignment relating to the course programme. The precise nature of the assignment and the criteria for its assessment are to be determined by the group with appropriate guidance by the tutorial team. Initial assessment and feedback will be undertaken by the group, led by the course tutors, with final marking by the Programme Director.
The fee includes:
- Comprehensive course notes
- Personal Learning Journal
- Issuing of the Certificate in Training and Development to successful participants.
- Supplementary learning resources Lunch, tea and coffee on all attendances
- First year associate membership of the Institute
- Marking of assignment & moderation
On successful completion of the qualification you will be awarded the ITOL Certificate in Training & Development. The qualification is accredited by ITOL and is equivalent to QCF Level 4 and EQF Level 5.