HOME STUDY CERTIFICATE – £397 + VAT
Certificate in Supervisory Management
Take this downloadable open learning qualification and embark on a pathway that opens up a world of exciting opportunities.
Managing human resources (people) is a crucial role in the modern organisation. This is done through the process of supervision. Supervision is the activity of overseeing staff to ensure that the work is performed as required.
Supervision plays a vital role in the management process. The supervisor is the important link between staff and senior management. The supervisor occupies a strategic position in the hierarchy of the organization. They are directly responsible for ensuring everything, including people; processes; equipment and sometimes budget, is in place to guarantee that standards and targets are met.
The Supervisor is the ignition key that starts the engine of the organisation and keeps the managerial vehicle in motion. The Supervisor plays a key role and needs to be trained to the highest standard.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of this qualification you should be able to
• Motivate your staff to higher levels of performance;
• Communicate clearly and concisely to avoid mis-understanding;
• Develop the best style of communication for your different audiences;
• Manage yourself more effectively;
• Successfully solve problems;
• Develop coping strategies for dealing with pressure and stress.
• Build an efficient and target reaching team.
KEY LEARNING METHODS:
This excellent Home Study Qualification is designed in five modules:
- Self-Awareness for the Supervisor;
- Effective Communication;
- Time & Stress Management;
- Essential Sills – Mind Mapping;
- Essential Skills – Team building.
The programme is designed for you to work on it whenever and wherever you wish. (“at your own pace in your own space”).
To achieve the Home Study Certificate a case study assessment will be completed. You will be asked to submit short written responses to 3 scenarios based on the situation in the Case Study.
Some of the topics you will learn are
• What makes a good manager;
• Understanding motivation;
• Developing emotional competence;
• Managing change;
• Purpose of communication;
• Understanding audiences;
• Verbal communication methods;
• Written communication methods;
• Understanding non-verbal communication;
• Developing styles of communication;
• Identifying signs of stress;
• Developing coping strategies;
• Effective time management;
• Successful problem solving;
• Feedback skills
Please contact our team on 0151 236 1813 for more details.