HOME STUDY CERTIFICATE – £297 & VAT
Certificate in Mentoring
Take this downloadable open learning qualification and embark on a pathway that opens up a world of exciting opportunities.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
A straw poll asking managers how they picked up their management skills will often reveal the answer:
‘From a previous boss of mine who taught me a great deal about the real world we work in’.
.On-the-job learning has existed for very many years – giving that system a label and a separate legitimacy of its own, however, is relatively new. Such is the background of mentoring.
In this Qualification we will look at mentoring as a system in order to recognise what it is, its uses and its prerequisites;
• We will describe the process of mentoring from the point of view of all the parties involved;
• We will examine the sub-skills required by a mentor – what these skills are, and how to develop them as both trainers and mentors and finally we will identify what can go wrong in a mentoring system.
By the end of this qualification you should be able to:
• Explain the role of the mentor within development programmes;
• Identify the players involved in a mentoring system, their relationships, their responsibilities and the benefits they receive;
• Identify learning needs and give feedback to learners on their individual needs;
• Provide guidance to learners on different learning opportunities which are available within their development programme and/or organisations;
• Use coaching and business counselling skills with different learners to help them set and review learning objectives;
• Set and manage learning opportunities and projects for learners which allow for the monitoring of progress;
• Help individual learners to gain access to internal people and systems which can assist them in acquiring and applying learning in the workplace;
• State some of the possible problems arising in mentoring and how to overcome them.
Please contact our team on 0151 236 1813 for more details.